Thursday, June 21, 2007

Consumed Part 2 "True Worshipers

June 13th

ConsumedCDFronat.jpg

TRUE WORSHIPERS

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. John 4:23

TRUE WORSHIPERS

1) WORSHIP WITH AWE.

In his right hand he held seven stars…His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though deadRevelation 1:16-17a

Shachah (170 times) (shaw-khaw') (to royalty or God) bow down, fall down (flat), do reverence, worship.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:28-29

2) WORSHIP WITH ABANDONMENT.

David said to Michal…’I will celebrate before the LORD. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes…’ 2 Samuel 6:21-22

Hallal (hal-lal’)–praise, be clamorously foolish or mad before the Lord. – hallelujah.

Worship in the Psalms

Shout to God. Sing a new song.

Dance before Him. Clap your hands.

Bow down. Lift up your heads.

Tell of His might. Stand in awe.

Meditate on His truth. Walk in his ways.

Still your heart. Cast down your idols.

Run to Him. Make a loud noise.

Lift your hands. Tell the nations.

Clash the cymbals. Seek His face.

3) WORSHIP WITH INTIMACY.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. Psalm 63:2-5

Sharath (shaw-rath'); to attend as a minister or worshiper.

  • When is the last time you have been overwhelmed in the presence of God?

  • In view of who God is and what He has done, what is your response of worship?

  • God is seeking true worshipers. Is worship a way of life for you?

  • Do you know the One True God in an intimate and personal way?

No comments: